Saturday, November 1, 2014

Color-Me-scrappy challenge #73

We have huge colorboard this month on the CMS blog with 10 colors on it ! But don't be afraid, most of them are shade of one. Take a look :


It seems scary at first sight, but if you group them, you are left with yellow/orange, shade of grey/black and brownish colors.
So I did picked the yellow and worked my background around its shades. So we have yellow for the background with brown ink on the edges, orange-like stamped cross,  and splits of dark yellow :


For the grey part, I used a Prima stencil with Shimmerz silver paint undelined with black pen, plus washi tapes. For orange/red, I colored washi tapes and papers with pens.



And of course, flowers to match my bouquet.

Here is the list of materials I used :

Recollections papers,
stamp and stencil by Prima Marketing
vintage photo distress ink by Tim holtz,
Mister Huey's sunshine mist,
Recollections and Tim Holtz washi tapes,
Copic markers,
Webster's Pages alpha stickers,
Dazzlerz Foiled again Shimmerz paint,
Faber-Castell black fine pen,
flowers and leaves by I Am Roses.

A word on the picture : it was me on my wedding day, with my more-than-soon-to-be husband and my very newborn daughter (7 days old). That is for the twist of the challenge : something you are thankful for...

Take a look at the DT layouts for more inspiration on the CMS blog and give a try to this fun challenge !

No comments:

Post a Comment