Monday, April 13, 2015

You're invited - A CCB Creative Crew challenge

Great Monday to you !

Spring has always a wonderful effect on me, as I'm a Spring child : the first rays of sun gave me a full reload of energy and enough courage to jump into Spring cleaning ! So this week end was all about decluttering, washing, ironing... and not really scrapbooking.
But I have plenty of projects in my pocket, and today I will show you a card I made for the Crew Challenge of Canvas Corp Brands blog. The theme was to create an invitation, and I choose to create a card to invite my friends to travel with me. Ok it's not a real invitation for a real trip. It's the card I would make if I could afford to invite them all to a real trip. It's a little dream I have...


I use some 7Gypsies stamps with white embossing powder (Ranger) on white cardstock and brush some Bahama Blue glimmer mist over the stamps. I add shells from the nearest beach (Les Saintes-Marie-de-la-mer if you a little bit of Provence) and burlap leftover.
The edges of the card are covered with clear granular gel medium (Golden) painted with Caspian Sea glimmer glam
The title came straight from a poem of Charles Baudelaire, Invitation au voyage (invitation to travel), talking about an imaginary travel to an beautiful imaginary country...

Take a tour on the CCB blog to see the work of the other Crew Members and be inspired to create your own invitation for your future event !

2 comments:

  1. The photo of the card looks great, but I bet it's even prettier in the flesh with all that glimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle ! In real, the blue background looks like water on rocks...

      Delete