Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas cookies

As I told you, I'm cooking a lot of cookies as teacher's gift for Christmas. Few boxes are already on their way, few more are ready to go and two are still in the oven.


I was planning to customize old tin box, but I was short on time, so I went to Michaels instead two days ago, where all the christmas paper products by Martha Stewart were 70% off. So I grabbed 3 packages of 6 complete boxes. I will have few left for next year. But I'm very pleased with the result.

If you want to cook some for yourself, follow this recipe :

You need :
 
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup and half of sugar
- 3 or 4 cups of flour
- 2 cup of almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- few drops of almond extract

Mix eggs, sugar, extract and baking powder together then add flour cup by cup. The result should be very thick. Add the almonds.
On a cooking sheet cover with parchment paper, make long loafs, not too thick. 
Cook in a preheat oven (360F) during 40mn. Cut the loafs in slices and put back in the oven for 3 more minutes.
Let them cool and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment